Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin Carving

I am not a huge fan of pumpkin carving ...but the kids begged us, (especially Kyron, weird huh) to go the the pumpkin patch to get pumpkins. So Saturday we made a trip to the pumpkin patch and these are the 3 pumpkins that we got. I don't quite know if they were worth the $30, but the kids were so so excited that I guess it was. So for Family Home Evening that is what we did. The kids each drew on the face that they wanted and Luke and I carved. Then the kids got in up to their elbows trying to clean the inside of the pumpkins out. It is alot of work for something that doesn't even last 2 days, don't cha think?

It was fun after all. The kids put candles in them and lit them up for the night. Kooper just sat in the middle of all of it and ate pumpkin, yuck!
Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Well, at least you carved.

None of that happenin around these parts this year!

Amanda said...

How fun. Now I wish I would have stayed longer.

Heather said...

Sounds familiar....
that's what we did for FHE too.
I'm kinda sad ours are already shriveled. We don't usually carve until Halloween night. But I thought for sure they would look good for two nights? Guess it's the hot weather?

Your kids are cute and so are their pumpkins.

Rylee said...

Looks like lots of fun. I love the pictures of your kids because they always seem so happy, big smiles on their faces all the time.