Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ouch!

Luke found this huge caterpillar in the road this morning so we all ran out to see how big it REALLY was. The boys were trying to pick it up with a stick and I was giving them a hard time because come on, it's just a caterpillar! So I picked it up and took it over by the front door. Kenzi (my animal LOVER) wanted to hold it. So I put it in her hand. Well she wanted me to take a picture of her with this caterpillar. So I ran into the house to grab my camera and all of the sudden Kenzi was screaming! The caterpillar was bitting her!! I did not know that caterpillars could bite!


I felt bad because, here I was giving my boys a hard time for being chickens and then the stinkin' thing bites Kenzi so hard. It even left a little mark. So this is the best I could get of the caterpillar (notice no Kenzi), but she isn't scared and will try to hold the next one that she finds.

7 comments:

Carol said...

That is SO disgusting! I've seen big caterpillars before, but jeez! That suckers huge!

Carol said...

Oh ya, one more thing...How many people can say they have been bit by a caterpillar? She now has something cool to brag about!

Heather said...

That is crazy and news to me that caterpillars bite.

Amanda said...

poor little Kenz.

lisa said...

That is probably the biggest caterpillar I have ever seen! Poor Kenz!

Amanda said...

Kevin wants to know what the heck is that kind of caterpillar!!! ha. He said thats not a normal caterpillar.

Colleen said...

mutant caterpillars on the loose in las vegas !!! Yikes!