Thursday, October 25, 2007

Glad for the reminder

This morning I was trying to get 3 of the 4 kids ready for school, and it seemed like the boys were taking their sweet little time. I am sure you have all had lots of days just like this. I think I told Kason 10 times to get into the shower. Kyron about the same.

Little Kenz was so excited and willing to cooperate because she had a field trip to the Aliante Library, and so she was going to be attending morning kindergarten instead of the usual afternoon. She was also really excited to be riding her bike for the first time without me (but with Heather) and with her brothers to school. She usually only gets to ride it home.

Anyway, Kyron seemed to be doing who knows what, but he was at least getting his teeth brushed, while I was looking everywhere for Kason. I looked all over, he was MIA! I finally heard him in my closet, sitting on the ground talking to Kooper. All I caught was,

"Hey little guy, did you know that we said our prayers everyday to get you?

Huh did you?

We wanted you so bad in our family, and you finally came. Did you know that?

I am so glad that you are my baby brother. Did you know that it is almost your birthday?

I think you are getting big and I really hope that you like me better than Kyron."

Okay, so I couldn't even get after him because he was being so sweet and so sincere. Even the little comment about Kyron almost cracked me up. So I said, "hey Kason, what are you doing?" He said, " just having a one on one and spending some VERY important time with the Koops."

I had to smile at the whole little conversation.

So I hurried and got him ready for school, and as they were leaving the house I reminded them that they had Kenzi, and to be sure she made it okay, (even though she would be with Heather).

As Kason was dodging my kiss I said, "love ya, watch out for Kenz!" He turned around and said "of course we will mom that is what brothers are for and that is why we are a family duh!"

So besides the duh comment, I had to just smile and think about how lucky I was to be the mom of these little stinkers. Kason is definitely my super sweet, sensitive boy who is always concerned about everyone in his life. It just reminded me that even when they are taking all the time in the world to get ready or even when they are fighting like crazy, or just driving me up the wall, that Kason was right when he said, "That's why we are a family." I was glad for that reminder today.

6 comments:

Carol said...

That little conversation is SO sweet! It almost brought a tear to my eye!

Rylee said...

I honestly got choked up reading that. So sweet.

Amanda said...

Oh how cute! Thats Kason for ya. I got choked up on that too!

Rylee said...

Okay so I have to tell you I made Reece come in so I could read him that story and I almost couldn't get through it. I got choked up even a second time!! Its such a funny story also! Don't you just love that you can record things like this on a blog so you will always remember.

Heather said...

That is the sweetest!
You've got good boys who take care of their sister.
I thought it was so sweet that they were watching out for Kenzi the whole bike ride....they BOTH even walked her inside the gate, gave her the folder and sent her on her way smiling. Made my morning....now if a little of that would rub of on Kyle.

lisa said...

That is SO SWEET! I got a little choked up over that one, too.