Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lots of thanks

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I guess I enjoyed it so much that I didn't take ONE picture. We spent Thanksgiving with my parents. It was such a quiet one. Daniel, Chelsee and Camdyn were there too. I am so thankful for lots of things. Where do I begin??
*Luke *sweet kids *health * siblings *roof over my head* a car that fits us all *Luke's great job *great parents and in-laws * a camera to catch priceless moments *messes *friends * laughter * testimony * books and scriptures
* school *clothes * yummy food *excitement *gospel * most importantly being a Mom to 5 little stinkers and a wife to a wonderful husband. That is what I am most thankful for. I am so thankful that I get to do what I love everyday!

But there is ONE thing that I am NOT so thankful for, and that is that Kooper can get IN and OUT of his crib all by himself. I have been planning on leaving him in there until I absolutely had to take him out. Him sleeping all night and taking good naps is one of the things I used to be SO grateful for! He used to take a 3 hour nap everyday and all though the only way to put him to bed at night was to lock him in his crib, he would fight it a little but eventually he would just crash. Well now he thinks it is so funny that he can get in and out by himself. It doesn't help that the other kids laugh at him when he does it. Last night he was up until 10:30! I just was not looking forward to this day. So on the bright side, I guess I should be grateful that he has two strong legs that allow him to get in and out of his crib. I am thankful for his laugh, as he thinks he is so clever. I am thankful for the pitter patter of his feet as he tries to run away from me! I am thankful that he is a healthy and happy 2 year old. I am thankful for his sweet little voice. I am thankful that he is all MINE!

8 comments:

Nicki said...

It is always a tough day when they learn to climb out of their jail cell! It's like you have to train them to sleep all over again. GOOD LUCK!!

Kirsten said...

Leave it to you to find the bright side in everything. Good luck with Kooper! Taylor said that Heather used to put a tent over Brandon's crib so he couldn't get out! Maybe you should try it!

Chelsee said...

Kooper is one of the funniest kids EVER! It was so good to see you guys.

Amanda said...

I really missed you guys. Glad you had fun. well..... I don't even know what to even say about the koop he's just to funny! lol :) Have fun with that one.

FrankNApril said...

Linde,
That is so swet!
I am so thankful you are so thankful!
I really think that was a nice post! Lucky for your family to have each other! Bummer Kooper gets out of his crib! That stinks!!!! April

Mandy said...

He is A RIOT! This is a good time of year to be thankful for sure! Can't wait to get to know your kids again.

Dawn said...

It's called a crib tent! Have you not heard of it?? Got to baby's R us online and search for it. It's a bubble tent with zippers, it has saved many a naps and crazy moms! I think it is about 80 well spent dollars. Good luck! Great post...

Misty said...

I know exactly what you mean. Porter cannot climb out of his crib, but Jackson helped him out and broke one of the slats on his crib so he can wiggle out. He comes and climbs in bed with me two or three times a night now. I guess they do have to grow up. Will you be in Eagar for Christmas? I will be there all week, lets get together K.