Wednesday, December 10, 2008

gingerbread house


We attempted to make a gingerbread house for FHE. What a fun mess it was! The kids all took a side and went to town with the decorations. Kooper ate more than he put on the little thing. The kids had a great time and even helped clean up. We had a great lesson on the true meaning of Christmas. We talked about all the different symbols and what they all represent. I feel more and more blessed every year when Christmas comes around. I am so thankful for Jesus Christ and his sacrifice. Because of him, I have my beautiful family.

5 comments:

Mutt and Karlee Hall said...

It turned out cute!!- and it's standing! I bought a kit for us to put together too- I keep telling my kids "not tonight" but I promised them for sure by next week- I just know it will be a mess, but a good and fun mess!! Right???

Mandy said...

They look so proud, very fun!!

Tiffany said...

What a great idea! Soo cute! I totally forgot about gingerbread houses! That's it, I'm going to the store today to get the supplies for tonight! Thanks for sharing!
Love ya,
Tiffany

Chelsee said...

Kali even got in on the action! :)

Melis said...

It looks great! Was it a kit? We tried it last night with just icing and graham crackers and they just kept falling apart. I think I will try a kit next time. You all did such a great job and everyone looks so happy!
Sounds like a meaningful FHE. I love it!