Monday, April 7, 2008

Bus ride




The boys have the choice of either me taking them and picking them up everyday OR riding the bus. I told them that it was their choice. Kason is all for riding the bus. Kyron, not so sure. The only thing is that it comes at 7:40am. I know it isn't that early, but when you've been use to starting school at 9 am it is a little rough. So this morning Kason set his alarm and was ready by 7:30. Kyron was definitely taking his time so that they would MISS the bus. He asked a million questions...
  • how will they know where to pick us up?
  • how will they know we go to Kinsey Elementary?
  • how will my teacher know I am riding the bus?
  • how will I find Kason?
  • how will they know where to drop us off?
  • what if we get on the wrong bus?
  • will you be waiting for us?
  • will the bus driver know that we are on there?
  • where do we go after she drops us off at school?
  • what if I can't find my class?
  • and on and on and on

Kason said to Kyron, "if you don't hurry up, I am going to leave and ride the bus without you!"

Kyron made me write a note to his teacher telling her that he would be riding the bus today. Also a note to the bus driver with his name and address.

It is so funny to me how kids are so different. Kyron probably didn't sleep a wink last night. He gets so worried about the littlest things. Funny, you'd think that it would be the little brother worried. Not in this family. Kason was ready and excited about riding the bus.

On their first day of school here Kyron said, "I just wish Kason could be in 3rd grade with me." Kyron doesn't need anyone but his brother. Good thing they are so close. They wouldn't know what to do without each other. So sweet really.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Ahh Kason is so cute. They are such good boys. I love how they are best buds. I'm glad everything is going good. I miss you so much. Love ya

Colleen said...

kinda reminds me of Dan and Tim. Remember when Tim had Daniel wear his clothes to bed so he wouldn't be late for school! That went on for a few days until I realized what was going on. Hope your boys always stay close.

Lenny and Amanda said...

I had to laugh through the entire post!! Ike and Kyron are way too much alike! That is exactly what Ike would have said and done etc. right down to the writing the notes. I think Mr. Friedrich must think I am crazy because I am always writing notes for my little man. Ike was so excited to be able to talk to Kyron this afternoon. He has been sleeping with their baseball picture(from Express) every night. It is pretty heartbreaking. I am glad that they have each other though. Talk to you soon. Goog to hear you are getting settled as well. Take care.

Jennifer said...

That cracks me up how different they both are. Isn't it funny how they are complete opposites and yet you love both personalities:) Harlee said she misses Kyron...go figure. Hope he found his class alright:)

Kirsten said...

Ahhh! I hope Kyron's ride turned out OK for him! He sounds just like Taylor, and Kason sounds just like Blake! It is times like that when you are actually glad that you had them so close together, huh?

Mandy said...

Hope the first day went well! So weird to see the outdoors for your backyard, although I know it's right up thier alley! Can't wait to see you guys.

Dawn said...

I always loved going to a new school for the first time. I loved the mystery of it. I did however learn ALOT on the bus, and most not so good. Just be careful and have VERY strict rules about the bus! I was asked to the senior prom when I was in 7th grade by a creepy senior riding the bus. What was he doing riding the bus?? What was he doing asking someone 5 years younger? It was Missouri though...