Saturday, February 23, 2008

Careful what your kids pray for!

So the other day at lunch Kenzi was blessing our food and all the sudden she says, "and bless that my mom will have one more baby," she looks at me real quick with this look on her face like "whoops" then she hurries and finishes her prayer. I was trying not to let her see me laugh because her face was hilarious. I said," what did you say?" She said "I always say that but I usually don't say it out loud." I was cracking up. It is funny because lately the 3 older kids have been saying little things about one more baby!
As most everyone that knows us knows that we are done having kids. Well I won't go into too much detail but in January I went in for my yearly check up and was (to say the least) SHOCKED to find out that I was almost 3 months prego. No, I was not having any symptoms. I don't ever get sick, just tired but I blame that on Kooper being not a great sleeper. That was the very last thing in the world that I expected to hear. Well things were a little scary for awhile because I had an IUD in and thought I might miscarry after it was removed. We have been trying to get use to the idea of having another one for the last 5 weeks. I cried ALOT! I think that I was just having such a hard time because in my mind I was DONE. I had worked hard to get back in shape. I let Kooper do things that my other ones never did (like crawl in bed with us) because I thought he was my last. I was just done. I could go on and on but to sum it all up, I took Kenzi with me to the Dr. a few days ago and that is when she found out. The Dr. gave her a picture of the 15 week old baby and she was beyond excited. She just wanted to know if it was a girl baby or a boy baby. Then later that evening she showed the boys the ultrasound pictures and it took them a minute but when they finally figured out what they were, they were screaming with excitement.
The kids couldn't wait to call the family and tell them. They wanted to share it with all their teachers and friends as well but I told them to hold off for a few days. It makes me smile to see how excited they are about this new addition to our already big family!
The Dr. was really nice when he saw how upset and shocked that I was. He said something that I will have to continue reminding myself. He said, "you are meant to have this baby, there is no other reason that this happened except that you are meant to be a mom and have this baby." Luke and I have gotten over the initial shock and know that everything happens for a reason and even if we don't understand why, this little special spirit is meant to be apart of our family. It is funny how kids are so much more in tune than we are. Looking back at some of the things that my kids have said it is like they have known all along that we are suppose to have one more baby.
I like that my kids can spread the news because as all my friends know I am not good at telling stuff like this. So I am sorry if this is how you are finding out.
I get to find out in a little less than 3 weeks if it is a girl or a boy so I will keep you posted.

Happy Birthday Daniel, Dax and Trex!

23 comments:

Mandy said...

I already tried to call both phones to congratulate you cause Jen spilled the beans at luch. I can't believe it!! I really am happy for you. Call me so we can visit. Love ya!!

Chelsee said...

Just one more to throw into the mix! You are already such a pro I bet you won't even notice an extra one running around;)

Rylee said...

Linde you seriously are the best mom. This is one lucky baby! I am happy for you and I am glad you are excited about it now. I am sure it was a HUGE shock.

Rylee said...

Linde you seriously are the best mom. This is one lucky baby! I am happy for you and I am glad you are excited about it now. I am sure it was a HUGE shock.

Chantz H. Davis said...

When Chelsee told us last night the first thing that rylee said was how good of a mom you are and that this was a lucky liitle baby. You will be fine although 5 is a house hold for sure. You will handle it great and how nice that you are 1/3 of the way done and you didn't even know. it will go by in a flash! Good moms should have a houseful!!!!
Kathleen

Sunee said...

YEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!Enjoy the ride my friend. I am jealous and more importantly so happy for you.You deserve the best!

Hannah said...

Great news! So happy for your all! I am sure you will be glad when you move that your Mom will only be a short drive away when number 5 arrives! So...you are 3 months, does that make it a Thanksgiving baby??(-: Love you all and thanks for sharing your Mom with me this week! We had a great time.

FrankNApril said...

So, Lisa was just over at my house and I was showing her what a blog is! Well ~ She said click on her...So this is what we read! WOW! And hold on WOW again!! Well~ There is a reason u will live closer to FAMILY! I hope it is a girl! It will all work out! April

Colleen said...

We love you and are so thrilled for another grandbaby!! You are a wonderful Mom and so blessed! Always remember that! And we are blessed to have you as our daughter! love, MOM and DAD
Dad is still LAUGHING!! I think that was one prayer he got answered before being released as Bishop! You know how he is about you and babies!

Nicki said...

Must be meant to be for sure! I've never had an unplanned pregnancy (knock on wood!!) so I'm sure it's a huge shock. You will do great though!

Melis said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations. Keep us posted on how things go. My kids have been praying for another baby for 3years now. I guess when it's right, it happens. Take care.

Carol said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I should be scared, that 5th baby suprise seems to be running rampant around these parts! But that must be some special baby coming along to get through all that. Your such a good mom, you'll do great. OH MY GOSH...again!

Amanda said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! LUKE HAS GREAT SWIMMERS!! WAY TO GO LUCK. I LOVE YOU AND I THINK YOUR SUPER MOM. BETTER YOU THEN ME! ;)

Amanda said...

oops I mean WAY TO GO LUKE

Enjoy the Journey said...

Congrats Linde... You have such a good recipe! I love how excited your older kids are for another sibling! That just goes to show how amazing their parents are and how close your family is! Is Kenzie praying that she gets a sister now?

Jennifer said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I love a good surprise....if anyone can handle it you can:)

Amanda said...

I just have to say AGAIN, I am so excited. I just can't stop thinking about it.

Jaime said...

CONGRATS!! #5 WOW! I'm trying to get the courage up for #4. lol So exciting!

Nikki said...

Hey congrats! Your story made me cry :) well I am also done having kids and also have an iud so yes it made me cry but really just freaked me out he he:)

Dawn said...

wow, that's so cool. I'm currently struggling with that and my #4 is only 4 months old. It's sort of nice when it's decided for you! anyways, CONGRATS! So great that your mom will be closer!

Kates said...

Linde, what a scary, but exciting suprise. So fun. So when exactly is your due date?

Jason & Claire said...

Wow! That was not how I was expecting that blog to go. Whoa- COngratulations!!

Jodi said...

Hard to doubt who's prayers were being answered and they say it's hard to match to faith of a child. You just have too great of a home to come to. This little person was just begging to join your family.