Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Baby it's cold outside


Since we moved to Las Vegas over 3 years ago,
I must admit that my kids have not had a chance to play in the snow.
How sad is that?
Last Christmas we didn't make it home,
and the 2 years before that while we were here there was NO snow
...Cold but no Snow!
So we took them to the old ski run today.
We were pretty much the only ones there and the kids had a ball.





The kids looked like total desert kids in their low top tennis shoes and mittens.
We have NO winter clothes!
We barely started wearing pants a month ago!
I figure what is the point buying them for one trip.
We at least did have hats and sweatshirts.
The didn't know the difference.
They loved every second of it.



Kooper wanted to play so bad,
but he couldn't figure out why his hands were SO cold!


We were so happy that Grandpa and Grammie got to join us!

Kenzi was totally posing for this shot!
Can you tell?



It was a great time and we got some good pictures!


3 comments:

Heather said...

Look how cute you all look.
I was just thinking tonight that we need to take a family trip to Mt. Charleston. We have been guilty of depriving our children of playing in the snow. It just doesn't seem very appealing to me. And we are very ill equipped. But an hour or so won't kill us. Thanks for inspiring me. Now I just need to drag Steve up there with me :)
BTW, Kyle already misses your boys.
and I know I've said this before but oh my gosh....Amanda looks just like your Dad!

Carol said...

How cute are all those pictures!
Last year we went to Utah in Dec. and took the kids sledding. THEY LOVED IT! We got all the gear too, asuming we would use it again this year. So much for thinking.

Maybe we can squeeze in a quicky to Mt. Charly with all the other people on the one good snow day. Ha Ha.

Dawn said...

Ok I was blog-stalking and I found you! It's been years, you'll have to check us out at dawndespain.blogspot.com