Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Ant Farm



For Kyron's birthday back in August, Uncle Tim and Aunt Tori got Kyron an Ant Farm. We received the farm part the end of August. After we got that we were to order ants. So we did that. It was suppose to take 2-8 weeks. So... everyday for the first 2 weeks Kyron checked the mail..faithfully. Well every week he started to check it less and less until he finally quit altogether. I think he actually kinda forgot about it. A few days ago we finally got the ants. After we read the directions we added the tube of ants to the farm. It said that they may seem sluggish and could take up to 24 hours to revive. So after 24 hours only 3 ants out of about 20 or so are alive. So we have already ordered more. But Kyron is still so excited about them and sits and watches them for hours. He loves it. I think that they appreciate things and maybe even like them more when they have to anticipate them for so long. So after three months of waiting, here's Kyron and his Ant farm and 3 living ants!




By the way I have totally been slacking on blogging because of the book "Twilight." I can't put it down. I love it!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Cute!
Oh
my
gosh....
I didn't know you were reading Twilight. I started, got busy, need to start again. I haven't reached the point of can't put it down. You are probably way ahead of me.

Rylee said...

I read those books too! They are sooo good huh! I remember thinking as I read it, this is the most ridiculous book I've ever read but I can't stop reading! She is a really good writer.

Carol said...

Can't you just go out back and collect ants from the yard? These mail order ants must be something, eh! So special they're dead.

Colleen said...

Yikes, Kyron,keep those ants in your bedroom, not Grammie's! Hope the next batch of ants arrive alive!