Thursday, August 12, 2010

And they're off.....

For the first day of school! They have only been gone gone about an hour and I am already feeling a little lonely, as are Kooper and Kali. I have enjoyed them being home with me. I feel like summer break went by way to fast this year. Although I am a little excited to have my house a little cleaner while they are at school.

Kenzi was up before anyone else, just like always. We made blueberry muffins and had her all ready before anyone else was even stirring. She had her clothes picked out last night and her backpack ready for a week. She was so excited and was smiling all morning.

Kyron wanted me to walk him in to his classroom. He is starting his first year at the middle school. He is so nervous. He told me a few months ago that he is so sad because this will be the first time in his life that he and Kason will be seperated. Kason on the other hand could pretty much care less. He is fine by himself. I thought that was so sweet of Kyron, and not a bit surprising. When we went to open house yesterday he reminded me that he was nervous but a little excited. He got a locker and thought that was pretty cool.

Before school started this morning we had to run by Grammie's because she wanted pictures and hugs from the kids before they were off to their first day. Grammie and Amanda told the boys not to let the girls chase them. In the truck after we pulled off Kyron said very seriously, "I would never let them. I don't even like girls." I was thinking, please be true and keep it that way for a VERY long time. It was funny how serious he was about it:)



I told the boys to kiss Kenzi on the cheek in this picture and this is what they did. It was so funny! They wouldn't kiss her but they did hug her.
They are all in a different school this year. No big deal except the fact that they are alone. I still can't believe my kids are getting this big. I love them going to school and I love it when they walk through our door in the afternoon.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I can't believe you start school so early! I've just barely started thinking about back to school. They look so cute! Your kids are gorgeous!

Mandy said...

I am loving a schedule! But summer did go by way to fast!! Now other things to keep us busy:)