Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow days...and other

In October the kids went up and got free ski passes at the ski resort here and so for Christmas all they wanted were new skis. So now they go for free anytime they go up. They live for it. Especially Kyron and Kason. We wouldn't turn Kenzi loose like we do the boys. She loves it but only if Luke or I are with her. She especially loves it when her very favorite cousin Harlee gets to go with her. So they went every day during Christmas break and have gone every Saturday since. They love it when it snows because that means good snow at Sunrise. This last week it snowed so much that they had to shut down Sunrise. It finally opened back up Wednesday. My brother Nate brought his kids up and he took Shelbi and Harlee skiing today. Our kids begged to get out of school to go with them. They only had half day of school anyway so Luke took them up. They love when they have someone to ski with.



(my sister in law Jen with her girls Shelbi and Harlee...Jen snowboards like a rock star:))
I took Koop and Kali up just to take a few pictures and Koop just complained about how bright it was outside and that it wasn't fair that he couldn't ski yet. Poor little dude, next year though!
Jett loved every second of it until her toes got cold....not so fun to have cold feet!


Kooper eventually just laid down and then played in the snow for like 2 hours without moving!


Kenzi is getting really good and loves to go clear to the top!



Kyron and Kason love to go down blacks and hit big jumps! They are getting so big! It makes me a little sad. Sometimes we just take them up and drop them off (with a cell phone) and then pick them up at the end of the day.



Last month Kason came home from school and informed us that he would be break dancing at the school program in front of the town! He apparently told his music teacher that he thought it would be a good idea if they added some break dancing at the end of one of the songs they were singing. She agreed! I have to say that I have never laughed so hard. I love that he isn't shy about getting up in front of people and doing crazy things. He just loves to make people laugh!

My Mom was cleaning out her pantry one day and when I didn't hear Kali for a few, this is what I found! She was taking corn starch a just throwing it everywhere and giggling! What I loved the most is that when my Mom saw her all she said was, "wait I need to get my camera to take a picture!" My Mom is the best! She reminds me everyday that things like this are what life is all about. Not a clean house but happy kids that know that they are loved! They definitely know that my Mom loves them (they never get in trouble).

My sister Amanda had her sweet little baby, Jordin Linde. Yes I am very proud that she is named after me! Kali Jett is obsessed with her. She is so sweet and gentle with her...until we try to take Jordin away from her. Then she gets a little rough. She is the cutest little baby!
Kooper loves to pull Kali in this cool little sled. My Dad brought it over and we pulled and pulled them in it!


Kyron has this hat on just about 24 hours a day! It is about to drive me crazy! As soon as he wakes up he puts it on and it doesn't leave his head till his head hits his pillow at night. I will be glad when the weather gets warmer so that he doesn't think he has to have it on all the time.


6 comments:

Markee said...

So cool that your kids know how to ski! Your kids are precious as always, I'm sure you are loving to be in your new house, you need to put pictures up of your house!

Chelsee said...

I love the pictures of Kooper pulling Kali on the sled.

Amanda said...

Kason cracks me up! I can't stop laughing. Koop and Kali crack me up, Koop looks like a little baby with all his winter clothes on. The kids look cute as ever. I can't wait to see you guys in 8 days!!! ahhhhhh.

Melis said...

I thought your boys would be boarders FOR SURE!!! It's so nice that they love it and you live so close to the ski run! You are such a great mom to let them go so much. I'm sure they LOVE it! I love all the pics and am glad things are going well for all of you!

Nicki said...

Ahh! This post makes me miss Sunrise! Those were some good times! Do they still give out those free passes to the kids? Gotta get em hooked while they are young!

Kirsten said...

I am so jealous! How in the world did you get free ski passes for all the kids? That's awesome! I'm dying to go snowboarding. I want my kids to learn soooo bad. Just need to get this baby out :) Your kids look so cute in all their gear! Kooper and Diddy are one in the same. They would be the best of friends.