Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Football season

is almost over!
Since the end of July these boys have been going at it.
Before school started they had practice 5 days a week for 2-3 hours a day.
Then when school started they went to 4 days a week.
Then after the games started they went to 3 days a week.
They have had games every Saturday since August.
Our Saturdays are filled with 6 hours of watching football games.
The regular season is over and now it is time for the playoffs.
With Kasons team being undefeated and Kyron's team being winless, it has been a super fun season.
Kason's team is automatically in the championship game, which will be played in the NAU dome.
They are SO excited about that!
Kenzi also will be performing.
Although Kason's team is awesome, I can't really say the same for the little cheerleading squad that Kenzi is on. Let's just say that she won't be doing that again! At least not with the coach she has!
So let's all pray that Kyron's team can maybe win at least one game during the playoffs.













Although it has made for lots of long nights and busy weekends, Luke and I have loved every minute! It has been so good for these boys! They have great coaches and they have learned alot. Especially Kyron. He is way more competitive than Kason and he has learned that winning isn't everything...It's the ONLY thing! Just kidding. He has learned that as long as you are having fun and trying your best that is all you can do. They have both had a blast and they can't wait until they are on the same team. I can't wait for that either:)

pictures via wendy

If you need pictures of your family you should check her out!

She is amazing and she has given me so many priceless pictures of all my kids!

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Kooper thinks he's so big with his helmet on! What terrific big brothers he has to look up to. on to the next sport!

Amanda said...

I love how they are best friends. The pictures are awesome! Koop is so cute with the helmet. You had such a busy summer..... love ya and miss ya

lisa said...

What great photos! Your kids are super cute. Good luck with the playoffs! I think football is so fun to watch.

Melis said...

You really are a good mom! Jacob wanted to play, and I had parents calling me for him to play, but I just couldn't imagine those long practices, plus all of the travelling involved (they would have to go to RV, Show Low, Lakeside, Holbrook, Winslow, Payson and someone told me they even went to Tucson!) Jacob is still 6 and I just couldn't imagine it. I figured there's plenty of time for all of that later. I think for me it was a wise decision, but it looks like you are really enjoying it! I'm so glad and I hope (for your sake) they do get on the same team next year. I love the pics. Do you think 2 hours is too far to get family pics?

Kirsten said...

Wow. You are a good mom. I shouldn't complain about having 2 baseball practices a week. The pictures are awesome!

Dawn said...

wow, that's alot of football. Do they ease you into it? At least Flag isn't terribly hot?

Cami said...

I love the pictures. Beautiful....or should I say manly! LOL!