Monday, February 9, 2009

Strangers


This weekend the boys wanted to walk to the park, all by themselves. This is just one of the perks to living in a small town. While we were living in Las Vegas and Flagstaff this would have never happened. The park is probably a little over a mile. Anyway, before they left I was giving them the stranger talk. It went down something like this...

Me: Boys watch out for strangers.

Kyron: Mom, we know, we know (sigh).

Me: Okay, just checking.

Kason: Mom, we live in a small town now and we don't have to worry about strangers anymore.

Me: I know, but you never know. You still have to be so careful.

Kyron: We are careful Mom.

Kason: A stranger might pull up in a car and say, "so you want some candy?"

Kyron: And we'll say no way and just keep walking.

Me: That's right, never ever go near a strangers car.

Kyron: They might say we have a puppy, come see it and we'll say no way and run home.

Kason: No, I'd say, oh yeah show me your puppy first.

Me: KASON!

Kason: giggle giggle


I think Kason needs a little more work on stranger danger!
He gave me a good laugh that's for sure!

5 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

They are so cute. I love it when they really start getting their senses of humor. He's good!

Nikki said...

That is so funny. I guess with kids you have to give details :)

I will let you know when I am done and I will send a picture to make sure you like everything before I ship it. Thanks you for ordering.

Chelsee said...

Oh Kason! I miss you guys! I bet they are loving living in Eagar...wish I was there.

Kirsten said...

That Kason! He is so funny. That sounds like something Blake would say!

Dawn said...

I miss Eagar and that park! WE used to go on our bikes without a second thought to strangers. I miss the small town things. We can't do that here, but don't worry, he's just getting a reaction from you!