Thursday, October 7, 2010

Greased pig

So I finally put my memory card in my computer, knowing that there was hundreds of pictures on it. As I was editing them I realized just how much happens in our lives in just a month or two. Events that we'd forget about if I didn't take so many pictures. I have my camera just about everywhere I go and for that my kids will someday thank me. I love all of our memories.

My parents ward was having a ward party and asked if we wanted to come. Kason immediately was in because he said, "they always have BEST ward parties. They are always fun." Which they really are. So I took Kason, Kooper and Kenzi (which later Kyron was wishing he had gone).

Here's Kooper taking care of business.

What really convinced Kason to go was the greased pig chase.
Whoever could catch the greased pig would get to take home the ham!
They released the little or not so little pig onto a softball field and it ran
wild as all the kids chased after it.
For some bizarre reason blogger is being dumb and I can't rearrange these pictures,
so here they are backwards.
After a few attempts Kason finally caught the greased pig.
He was determined.
If you look closely he is in the red shirt on the ground holding the pig.
Kooper and Kenzi even got in on the action.
Kooper got real close a few times
but when it came right down to it he just kept running.

Since the pig was all greasy, Kason got all greasy!

Then his name was called for the pie eating contest.
He was excited about that because this kid loves to eat anything,
but especially a yummy dessert.
My Dad got in on the pie eating contest also but in the middle of it he got
a pie thrown in his face:)
Kason ended up winning the pie eating contest too!
He went home with a yummy ham and a full stomach!
It was a riot and we had a blast.
Glad that my parents invited us.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

You took the pig home???!!! You are a nice mom :) Way to go Kason. I love all the pictures. Especially, the one of Kooper peeing behind the hill. Reminds me of Lincoln. He will pee ANYWHERE.

Amanda said...

How fun, They do have the best ward parties. That picture of Koop chasing the pig makes me wanna go chase one. How fun.

Carol said...

now that's a ward party!!! keep the kids busy by having them run after a pig half the time...brilliant! and Koop...hahahahaha!!