Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Trek 2010

This very LoNg post is especially for my trek family. I really wanted to take my big camera but I didn't think it would be too appropriate to have a camera around my neck and push a cart at the same time. So I found my 12 year old camera that fit in my apron pocket and took that one with me. So keep in mind the quality of these pictures as you look at them. They are really not so good. But I thought that it was better to have the memories than not. So here we go.....

I got asked to go on the trek a few months ago and I was seriously so excited. Luke was going to come also but then we found out the dates of the trek were the same time that he had to head back to Pennsylvania for the "rainbow gathering." He will be gone for 5 weeks. Anyway, I was sad that he wasn't going with me but I was still excited to go on the trek and for the experience that I knew I was going to have. I was a little nervous to be gone and not even have a phone to check on my kids, even one time. But to tell you the truth I knew that they were in good hands with my sister Amanda and sis-in -law Shana. I knew they were loved and very well taken care of. My kids love them and so I didn't worry at all. Anyway, back to the trek...


This is Ma and Pa Tenney.
I was so excited to be in their family.
They were so great.
We seriously had the very best family!
I learned so much from them.
They were just great examples and so fun to be around.

Plus aren't they so cute???This is our AWESOME family!

















A few of my favorite people that weren't in my family!

Justin and Alisha

Me and Angie

Brian, Me and Daniel

Ashley and Brian


Me and Daniel


It was so cool to be able to walk around camp and go see my
brother Daniel and my favorite cousin ever, Brian.
It was seriously fun!
I loved it that they were there with me.


Words can't even express the tender feelings that I have for the this trek. Most of my thoughts and feelings are to personal to share but I can tell you that I loved my family. This is up there as one of the hardest things I have ever done. I know that so much time, thought and inspiration goes into the placing of each person in every family and I can tell you that I was right where I was suppose to be. It was so fun and amazing to see the different personalities and qualities that each one of my family members had. I grew to love each one of them. It is amazing to see how when times got tough we grew even closer as a family. I know that Heavenly Father loves each one of us and he answers prayers. He carried me when I was absolutely exhausted! I will forever cherish the friendships and relationships that I now have with my trek family. I loved every member of my family and grew especially close to a couple of them (you know who you are). I loved all of our long talks and the time that we got to spend with each other. We laughed alot. I know that I was sent to this family just for you guys. I love you! We had the best family and I am so thankful I was apart of it. The trek is a life changing experience and I will forever remember how I feel and will forever be thankful for the family I was in. You guys are the best! My testimony has grown and has left me a better person.

10 comments:

Chelsee said...

I love all the pictures. Your "little brother" is so cute. He looks a lot like mine! :)

Melis said...

So fun! Didn't you spend your birthday on the trek like 15 or 16 years ago too? I'm jealous you got to go. I wanted to go when our stake went last year...They asked but I was pregnant and they wouldn't let me. I'm so glad you got to go.

Jason & Claire said...

K, what the heck is this trek? It sounds more than amazing! What a special experience. I want more info;)

Tori said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I wish I coulda gone... But I have to say I LOVE your pink/black apron! So cute!

Rylee said...

that's one cute little brother you've got! looks like it was lots of fun. i remember how hard the trek is too! definitely worth it and unforgettable.

Amanda said...

I wanted to go SOOO bad! I loved when I went, one of the best times in my life. You look so cute in our outfit! ;) I think its great you and Daniel got to go at the same time. and Brian. I really missed you when you were gone. Your kids were great!

Markee said...

Your apron is precious!! You look cute even if you are on a Trek you brat! I was going to say the same thing my sisters said haha Your little brother is pretty cute!!

Amanda said...

I think they are talking about Daniel!!! haha. Kevin wanted me to tell you Daniel doesn't look like he's going on the treck.. He looks like a bum that you guys picked up on the way! lol

Nicki said...

Oh my goodness! This post brought back many a memories! I am so glad they are still doing the trek in R.V. That was one of the BEST things I remember from that era of my life. SO FUN! Now you are one of those old ladies that went along with us ;) Looks like you had a great family! That's awesome!

Nicki said...

P.S. Your dresses are WAY cute! Did you make them?