Friday, April 17, 2009

My pretty boy with a black eye

Of course Kooper is the one child of mine that gets a black eye. Two days before this happened he fell and split his bottom lip open and underneath his upper lip.(might explain his why he has chipped teeth)
I didn't actually see how he hit his eye but he says he hit the ottoman (which is soft).
He must have hit the ottoman and bounced off and hit something else, because he really hit it hard!
I should have gotten pictures right after he did it because it is almost 2 weeks old here.



I have just came to the understanding that he is always going to get hurt and look like he got beat up! I must say though that he doesn't cry much and he is one tough little dude. Having older brothers has probably contributed to his crazy dare devilish little stunts. He can totally hang with them...if they let him:)

13 comments:

Kirsten said...

That little slugger!! He looks so tough with a black eye! I LOVE his hair!!!

Jaime said...

Oooh poor little guy. My little one gets black eyes quite a bit, but he is a lot fairer skinned than my older one.

Carol said...

bounced off the ottoman! i love it. poor little thing though, good thing he's tough.

love that picture in your header, super cute!

Mutt and Karlee Hall said...

I can't believe that his black eye is over 2 weeks old! That must have been horrible when it happened, because it looks horrible now! Do you remember my cousin Chris Solomon? Anyways- we used to call him "Boomer" (well we actually still do) because he ALWAYS had some kind of black eye or something all over his whole body! That could be Kooper's new nickname! He's so stinking cute!

Kasey Sass said...

OMG... That is one tough little boy! Maybe you need to invest in a lifetime supply of bubble wrap and duct tape?? He is such a cutie!!

Chelsee said...

Holy Crap! Poor guy! at least he is tought!

Amanda said...

Oh my heck! you know what though... it doesn't even shock me. He's a tough guy. Poor little feller.

Chandra said...

Like they say- what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger. Maybe he'll be a UFC fighter or bull rider, something daredevilish.

Jodi said...

That is quite a shiner! How have you been? I've been catching up with you reading all your latest posts. It looks like life is good. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. You have beautiful children.

Jason & Claire said...

What a little slugger! I don't know about that 'ottoman' story! I don't think an ottoman could do THAT!

wendy said...

He looks so old! I can't believe it! We missed you when you were in the valley. I guess I'll have to come find you up there:)

Katlyn Papa said...

I think he looks super cute. Love the hair too!

Dawn said...

Hi, sorry to bother you, but the next time you see Mandy, could you ask her to invite me to visit her blog?! She went private while I was napping! I miss seeing her! Thanks, Dawn