Sunday, January 20, 2008

Pinewood Derby


This is the one and only picture I got of Kyron at his first Pinewood Derby. My cameras memory card had a blow out after I got my haircut and I haven't got another one yet! So I found my little old camera, ran out the door and the battery only allowed me one shot. At least I got that!
Right after they handed him his kit to build his car he said, "I have to go call Timmy because he is amazing and he will help me build the best car ever!" So during Christmas vacation while in Arizona that is what they did. Poor Timmy spent days helping him. Kason loved it just as much. They would stay up until midnight and get up early to start again. I don't know if they liked building the car or being with Timmy more. They miss him so much and when they see him it is like no one else exists. Thanks Tim for being so wonderful to help him. He didn't win much but he did get the "FASTEST LOOKING CAR" award. Haha! He totally enjoyed it!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

looks like alot of fun. I remember my brothers doing pinewood derby and wondered, where's our derby?

Colleen said...

That car SHOULD have received the MOST REMARKABLE CAR EVER BUILT AWARD!! Boy, they all sure enjoyed getting that pinewood derby ready and all the rest of us had just as much fun watching the progress every day! Tim, you're such a good good uncle and these kids are so fortunate to have you in their lives! Of course, I'm only a little biased!

Kates said...

I guess no matter how old you are you still love the pinewood derby, Timmy is so good to help him!