Saturday, January 5, 2008

Getting OLD

Kenzi is always asking tons of questions about being a mom and babies and anything else to do with growing up. Well lately she is concerned about growing up and getting "OLD" like a Grandma. So here was our conversation last night. She is very concerned about having to leave Luke and I. She wants to have a family and still live with us. (I know, enjoy it while she still wants to be around us).

Kenzi: When I have babies you will be a grandma right?
Me: Yup, I sure will
Kenzi: Do you want to grow old and look like an "OLD Grandma?
Me: Yeah, it will be so fun to be a Grandma.
Kenzi: I don't. They just look so old and wrinkly.
Kenzi: I know they do.
Kenzi: So when you grow up and be an "OLD" grandma you will never look like you do right now, right?
Me: That's right.
Kenzi: Well, why do we have to LOOK old?
ME: It's just part of life and getting big.
Kenzi: Oh....

Later her conversation with Amanda

Kenzi: Amanda can I get on your legs and fly like an airplane?
Amanda: Yes, I love you. You are so little. I don't ever want you to grow up and get big.
Kenzi: Well I have to. That's just the part of life.

hahahahaha

The best one yet is

Kenzi: How old do I have to be when I can be a Mom?
Luke: 25
Kenzi: okay

A few weeks later...Her and Kyron were in the bathroom brushing their teeth.

Kenzi: Mom, I don't want to be old and be a mom anymore.
Me: Okay that's fine, you don't have to.
Kenzi: K, I will just be 16!!!

Kyron spit his toothpaste and was dying laughing, as was I. Kenzi started crying because she was serious, she didn't know why we were laughing.

Kenzi: Why are you laughing at me?
Kyron: Because you can't have a baby when your 16!
Kenzi: Well I don't want to be old like mom when I have one.
Kyron: Do you even know how old 16 is?
Kenzi: More crying....
Me: Kenzi you will be just fine. Stop worrying about it right now.
Kenzi: Okay

She is just funny how she is all about being a mom and having babies. I'm sure that is how all little girls are, but we get a kick out of her. Let's just all pray that she sticks to the 25 age.

6 comments:

Chelsee said...

I think 25 sounds a lot better than 16! Oh Kenz

Heather said...

Oh my heck...I am dying.
Isn't she the cutest thing?

Jaime said...

Hey! It's Jaime from SJ. Not sure how I found your blog, but am glad I did. Your kids are sooo freaking cute! Anyhow, you can find me at adayinthesticks.blogspot.com

Markee said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! She is so cute!

Colleen said...

OK, I'm sure she's thinking GRAMMIE IS OLD! She always asks me about the lines around my eyes, (crowsfeet) and I always tell her they are there because I laugh and smile so much. Don't think I have her convinced huh?! :) Love Kenzi's conversations!

Carol said...

That is so funny. With 2 girls I have had plenty of conversations like that.